Sunday 23 October 2011

A fab weekend

This weekend was pretty darn good.  I know Elf Man wouldn't agree with me cos he had the cranks on for most of it, but I think it was a good weekend for the rest of us.

Yesterday we spent most of the day at the park because they had a kids event on, with jumping castles and all sorts of goodies.  We met up with some friends, and it was just so lovely to be out in the sunshine and out of the house!

Here's my favourite pic from the day:


And the funniest:

Speedy loves that ice cream!!

Today we just hung around at home, but we actually got things done that we have been wanting to do, I cut Sparrow's hair finally - I've only been at him for ages to let me because it was totally out of control.

Before:

After:


I think my favourite part of the day was tonight after I came out from putting The Baby down for the night, Sparrow and I started taking pictures of ourselves.  Some of them are beyond hysterically funny, and we were both cracking up.  I can't remember if we have ever done that before - the cracking up part.

I can't believe that only a week after going offline how different I feel.  I think I was getting so emotionally involved with things online, so empathetic towards people who are going through some really rough shit, that I had no empathy left for my children, I was completely drained and had nothing left to give them after giving it all to people online.  I didn't realise how overwhelmed by everything I was - the house was a mess because I wasted so much time online. Now the house is still a bit of a mess, but day by day, I can feel it getting just that little bit better, and I don't feel so down any more.  I feel happy.  I am happy.

I'm dealing with tantrums better.  Sometimes I have to stop after handling a situation completely different than how I would have dealt with it a week ago and just go - woah - so THAT'S how I was always supposed to do that.  Its amazing how much improvement I have made in my parenting abilities just by...being here.

I'm happy to keep being "here" for just a little bit longer.

1 comment:

  1. I posted a message but it's lost? Basically said that I'm glad you're doing so well, and I miss you! Love Telly xx

    ReplyDelete