Monday 7 November 2011

Baby watching

I hate to admit it, but I haven't been watching my babies for a long time. I don't mean that I haven't been taking care of them and that someone else has been doing it, I mean that when I rock my babies to sleep, I've been on my phone on the net or playing a game.

Tonight whilst feeding my 7 month old, she was doing a crazy dance whilst feeding and started searching for something at the side of her. I was like - what the heck are you doin kid - then she passed me my phone. My 7 month old passed me my phone. That's, well, sad really.

So while I rocked her to sleep tonight I watched her. So much peace. So much trust that I had hold of her and wouldn't hurt her. So much love.

Damn she's cute.

Which is a good thing really since she is awake again and I'm back on rocking duties....

3 comments:

  1. Lol that made me laugh, Mel! Cute though, how totally switched on they are. Elijah used to make me hold his hand (in fact he still does which is actually a bit annoying at times lol) ... well it's actually more his fist inside my hand but he doesn't stay still!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate. I started getting frustrated the other day becauase Courtney wouldn't settle - then I looked around. TV was blaring, lights were on and I had a phone in my hand playing on the net. So I put the phone down and went into a darker and quieter room - she was asleep in minutes. I do my best now to remember that feeding her and getting her to sleep are much more important than who is online and what is on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny 'cause I'm lying here feeding Mr I to sleep reading this! You're right more child watching is warranted.
    Ange.

    ReplyDelete